PTA membership is $10 per member, per year. Please click the button to go through to TOTEM, where you can sign up and make a donation.
Why join the PTA?
I've joined the PTA. What else can I do to support Edison?
By joining the Edison PTA, you become part of an incredible all-volunteer organization making a difference for each of our Edison Otters. The Edison PTA works every day to provide resources, funding, programs, and educational enrichment for every Edison student. To become a member, it only costs $10 per person, most of which stays at Edison to benefit your kids. With your $10 membership fee you will receive voting rights at Edison PTA Meetings and input into critical spending decisions regarding your children.
But joining the PTA does more than just provide money for Edison. It also makes you a part of the largest volunteer child advocacy association in the nation. Your PTA dues provide funding for local, state-wide, and national advocacy on behalf of students. In an era of school funding shortages, the Alameda PTA Council (PTAC), the Peralta District PTA, the California PTA (CAPTA), and the National PTA are fighting to improve schools not just here, but nationwide.
Plus, membership has its privileges! As a member, you also receive CAPTA member perks and National PTA member offers, as well as scholarship opportunities for continuing education through the California State PTA.
Who should join the PTA?
Everyone! Renew your annual membership online by October 1st and help us meet our goal of 400 members each year! Encourage all adult family members to join - grandparents and other guardians are welcome!
I joined the PTA last year; do I need to become a member again?
Yes! You must renew your membership EVERY YEAR, even if you’ve been a member before. Membership does not carry over from year to year.
- DONATE during our Fall Membership Drive. The PTA spends approximately $450 per child on programs at Edison. This year, we ask that each family contribute what they can, with a recommended contribution of $300 or more per child, to fund PTA programs.
- VOLUNTEER. Join a committee, help organize an event, look for ad hoc volunteer opportunities in the weekly newsletter, become a room parent, or volunteer as an art or garden docent.
- PARTICIPATE in PTA meetings and PTA events. We invite you to come and learn more about what the PTA does for our school, discuss new programs, and vote on decisions. Childcare is provided at every PTA meeting. Please join us!
- STAY INFORMED. Please join Konstella, our private, online parent community. Konstella is Edison PTA’s primary means of sharing information. You can also find information on the PTA website and get updates from our Facebook page. We also send out a PTA newsletter every Wednesday via Konstella.
- FUNDRAISE. There are countless ways to raise funds for Edison beyond making direct donations. Use our Amazon link or merchant programs, attend a restaurant night or volunteer to run one, or help us put together the Read-A-Thon, our Spring Auction Gala, or the Book Fair.
Our goal is 100% parent participation!