IT’S, LIKE, TOTALLY BACK!
Warm up your hair crimper and dust off that skinny necktie because it’s prom night at the Edison Spring Auction and Gala!
The Edison Spring Auction & Gala
Edison's 80's Prom
Saturday, March 25, 2023
@Alameda Hotel Ballroom
Enjoy a totally awesome adult night out with food, drinks and dancing, while raising vital funds for the PTA! This hasn’t happened in three years, so this is your chance to finally experience this fun, community-building event.
To donate an auction item or service, or to sponsor the event, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Spring Auction and Gala is a major fundraiser for Edison, bringing in over half of the PTA budget. This money covers expenses for programs including the garden science program, assemblies, field trips, technology education, and art lessons.
- The auction and gala is also a great community-building event: an opportunity for families to have fun while supporting our school and students.
- Tickets are now on sale at https://bidpal.net/
- Tickets will be limited!! If you want to attend, get yours early.
- A confidential "pay-what-you-can" option is available.
What is the Edison Spring Auction & Gala?
- The Edison Spring Auction & Gala is a fundraiser and community-building event. There are two aspects allowing for everyone to participate and get involved:
- The Online Auction takes place Friday, March 17th, 2023 at 8:00 PM until Thursday, March 23rd, 2023 at 8:00 PM. Find your favorite services, goods, or gift cards and bid on them from the comforts of your own home.
- The Gala takes place Saturday, March 25, 2023 at 6:00 PM at the Alameda Hotel Ballroom. The Gala features:
- a Silent Auction
- a Live Auction
What is the purpose of this event?
- The auction/gala is Edison’s biggest fundraising event. It brings in over half of the PTA budget. This year’s goal is to raise $75,000 to help cover expenses like our garden science programs, assemblies, field trips, technology education, and art lessons. The in-person gala is a great community-building event for parents/guardians, as well.
How can I get involved?
- The success of the Auction requires the generosity of our Edison community!
- Make a Donation: We rely on donations of goods, services, gift cards, or tickets of value. If you or your friends have something to donate, please reach out to email@example.com.
- Become a Sponsor: Sponsorship of the Spring Auction & Gala allows companies to have their logo displayed on our PTA and auction websites and signage throughout the Gala. If you or your friends have a company looking to sponsor, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Host a Party: If you are able to offer a hosted party, we are happy to auction fixed-price tickets to these wonderful community events. If you need help coming up with an idea, we have years worth of parties that other Edison families have done, reach out to Claire Saccoccini.
- Contribute to your Room or Grade Basket: Room Parents will be working with parents to create themed baskets that will be featured in the silent auction during the Gala. Families are asked to contribute donations based on a theme for the basket. If you want more details, please contact Becky Gow.
- Help with your child’s Classroom Art Project: Each classroom will create a collaborative art project to be live-auctioned at the Gala. Art Docent parents in each class are needed to develop a plan, assist students in creating art, and curate the final art piece which will be part of the live auction’s center-piece of excitement. To get involved, please contact Christina Parker.
- Volunteer to help put on the event: We need volunteers to help with the Gala setup, check-in, take-down, and other activities. If you’re interested in helping out, please contact Jee Kim.
When and where is the Gala?
- The Gala takes place Saturday, March 25, 2023 6:00 PM-10:00 PM at the Alameda Hotel Ballroom, 1415 Broadway # 40, Alameda, CA 94501. This is an adult-only event and tickets are required.
How do you get tickets to the Gala?
- Gala tickets will be on sale Tuesday, January 17 through Friday, February 24. Tickets are limited and will not be sold at the door. Tickets are $50 per person for this adult-only event. Everyone is welcome and there is a confidential pay-what-you-can option. Check the website soon for a link to purchase tickets.
Will tickets to the Gala sell out?
- We want as many people as possible to attend but the Alameda Hotel Ballroom has occupancy restrictions. The gala is designed to accommodate as many people as possible while creating a safe and fun experience. Buy your tickets early to make sure you can join in the fun!
Who can attend the Gala?
- With tickets being limited, we ask that tickets be kept for only Edison students' parents and guardians. Edison staff and teachers may join us as well! Please note that this is an adults-only event.
Is there food & drink at the Gala?
- Your ticket includes your favorite 80’s food from Gather & Grub.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages will be available by donation.
What is the Online Auction?
- The Online Auction features an online bidding process, where you can bid on items from the comfort of your own home. You can participate in the Online Auction even if you are not attending the Gala!
- The Online Auction goes live on Friday, March 17th, 2023 at 8:00 PM. Visit this link to start bidding: Edison Online Auction Link
- The Online Auction closes on Thursday, March 23rd, 2023 at 8:00 PM. Make sure you get those last-minute bids in!
- The online auction offers goods, services, and gift cards in a number of different categories donated from Edison families, Alameda businesses, and other Californian businesses and institutions. The categories generally include camp & classes, entertainment, family fun, food & drinks, gifts from the heart (donations from our Edison teachers), goods & services, home decor, hosted parties, and sports & fitness.
What is the Silent Auction?
- The Silent Auction will take place during the Gala at the Alameda Hotel Ballroom on Saturday, March 25, 2023 at 6:00-7:30 PM. Tickets are needed to attend this event. The Silent Auction includes the themed Room or Grade Baskets featuring items, services or gift cards donated by Edison families and local businesses.
What is the Live Auction?
- The Live Auction will take place during the Gala at the Alameda Hotel Ballroom on Saturday, March 25, 2023. It will begin at 8:00 PM. Tickets are needed to attend this event. The Live Auction generally includes the classroom art projects and other exciting items like: Dad's Club for a Day, and Breakfast with the Mayor. Please stay tuned for more information!
What are the auction rules?
- All sales are final, sold as-is, and there will be no refunds or exchanges unless otherwise noted.
- Payment in full is required by Monday, March 27, 2023.
- Items must be picked up on Saturday, March 25, 2023 (unless another arrangement has been made with auction organizers).
- Auction winners must check out to pay and claim their items at the end of the online auction on your device.
- Auction winners must claim their purchases by presenting a paid receipt (can be a paid confirmation on their mobile device) at the pick-up locations (for location see below).
- Reservations for all trips, meals, and overnight accommodations, use of homes, and private catering must be mutually arranged between the donor and the successful bidder unless otherwise specified. The auction winner on the use of a private dwelling may not sell or give this privilege to a third party without the permission of the donor.
- All gift certificates and services must be used by the date specified. Other restrictions are indicated on the certificate.
- Auction winners should retain the auction receipt for their records. Values listed on the receipt are as estimated by the donor, where available. Please consult your tax advisor on specific IRS regulations.
How/when can I pay for my items?
- You will pay for your items via a credit card at the end of the online auction on Saturday, March 25, 2023, when you check out via your mobile device, computer, etc.
- After paying for your items, you will receive a payment confirmation emailed directly to your email address on file.
Where can I pick up my items?
- Winners of Class Baskets and Art Work are asked to take home winnings from the Gala.
- Winners of all auction items and everything else will be contacted via email for pick-up locations. Pick-up will be Sunday, March 26, 2023, time TBD.
Do you have a cheat sheet on how to bid for the online & silent auction?
Here’s a link.