Come celebrate our Edison community and raise important funds for our school at what will be the most vibrant party of the year!
“Edison United: All Rainbows Lead to Gold” is the Edison PTA annual auction and gala for 2018! This event is our biggest fundraising event of the year. It brings in over half of the PTA annual budget and is critical to the success of our students. Every dollar raised goes towards new technology in classrooms, field trips, school psychologists, garden and computer staff and programs, school assemblies and more.
TICKETS: Check back later!
$50 for a standard ticket.
$75 for a VIP ticket which guarantees a seat at a table up from (limited to 6 tables of 10, so buy now!)
If you face a hardship at the standard price, select a "pay-what-you-can" ticket and enter your sliding scale payment in the Donation Amount field. All are welcome at this Edison-wide celebration!
This year, the Edison Auction and Gala is color-themed inspired with the event falling on St. Patrick’s Day. You can choose to come in a color assigned to your child's grade(s) If you have more than one child at Edison, you can come in all the colors or choose one. You can also choose to come in all the rainbow colors. Attire is as casual or fancy as you would like. We want to make this as easy, comfortable, fun and with as many options as possible!
Orange: 1st Grade
Yellow: 2nd Grade
Green: 3rd Grade
Blue: 4th Grade
Purple: 5th Grade
- Food: Colorful, delicious, hearty appetizers celebrating our diverse community will be served.
- Drinks: Wine, beer and featuring signature brilliant, worldly cocktails!
- Bring your checkbooks to avoid credit card fees!!!
- Stay tuned for auction bidding start and end times!
- There are already some amazing items that will be up for bid in our auction including: amazing art created by our kids; getaways to Tahoe, Sonoma, Disneyland, and much, much more!
Q: What is the purpose of this event?
- To raise money for our school. The auction and gala is the biggest fundraising event that Edison has. It brings in over half of the PTA budget.
- It also builds community and allows for the Edison families to gather together and celebrate and have fun
Q: What is the dress code?
- We like to be as vague on dress code as possible to ensure that everyone will wear what they would like and are most comfortable with.
- If you want to come dressy (think cocktail attire or even fancier) please do!
- Are you into costumes and want to dress up as a rainbow, or a leprechaun may Rainbow Brite? Then perfect! Let your imagination run wild!
- Would you prefer to come in business casual or casual attire? Perfect
Q: What is the theme?
- “Edison United: All Rainbows Lead to Gold”
- Come dressed in the color your child(ren)’s grade has been assigned
- Red – Kindergarten
- Orange – 1st
- Yellow – 2nd
- Green – 3rd
- Blue – 4th
- Purple – 5th
- Or pick your favorite color and come in that. Or come in all the colors! Just come!!
Q: Can I buy tickets at the door?
- Yes, but for your convenience, we would prefer that you purchase your tickets in advance to make checking-in easier.
Q: Will there be food?
- Yes! We will be serving heavy appetizers and dessert (there are vegetarian and gluten-free options).
- Our menu will be colorful, delicious and celebrate our diverse community!
Q: What kind of drinks will be available?
- We will have wine, and beer and will be offering 3 brilliant, worldly, signature drinks: French 75, Margarita and Jack n’ Coke or Jack n’ Ginger. There will also be non-alcoholic beverages.
- The PTA cannot sell alcohol. However, many families have donated the alcohol for the purpose of raising money for our school. We therefore ask that donations be made for your drinks (donation jars will be available for cash donations, or you can donate using your bidding # and pay at the end of the night). ALL proceeds from our donation bar will go directly to Edison PTA.
Q: What is the difference between the online, silent and live auctions?
- Online: Items are displayed with photographs and description on our auction website – Silent Auction Pro. Bidders register, enter credit card information and place bids within a set period of time. This will happen BEFORE March 17th.
- Silent: Participants view items up for bid on display at the event and bid on them. This year, we are going with mobile bidding for our silent auction- which means participants will bid on displayed items on the night of the event via their own mobile device, or with a designated mobile device available on the night-of. Participants will need to register and go on to the mobile bidding site. With mobile bidding, participants can bid on items with great ease from where you are sitting or anywhere in the area. You can also receive notifications when your item has been outbid.
- Live: An auctioneer is at the helm and people call out or otherwise indicate their bids. The highest bidder wins.
Q: When does online bidding begin?
- Online bidding will go live on Monday, March 12th. Please stay tuned for more details!!
Q: Do I have to buy a ticket to the auction and gala if I want to bid but will be out of town the night of the event?
- No. All you need to do is to register for the online auction and you can start bidding for items when the online auction goes live. You do not have to purchase tickets to the gala to do this.
Q: What if I do not have a mobile device or I do not plan on bringing one with me?
- We will have volunteers in leprechaun hats roaming the event with a mobile device you can use to bid on items.
Q: What can I expect when I arrive?
- When you arrive at the Alameda Ballroom, you will check in/ register (if you have not already done so) and receive your bidding number. We will also make sure you are set up and ready to go with mobile bidding.
- You will then receive a welcome drink, enter our golden tunnel into the gala!
- You can then visit one of the bars and get a drink, find a table (if you purchased a VIP ticket, a seat at a designated table will be assigned to you).
- You should also visit the auction items displayed and bid for them via mobile bidding.
- Check out our photo booth! And take home a memorabilia.
- Please also enjoy the delicious food and enjoy the entertainment before the live auction begins!
- Stay for dancing!!
Q: What is the schedule of events?
- 6:00 PM: Check in and Welcome, Appetizers and Drinks
- 7:30 PM: Welcome by Co-Chairs and Performance by Cruzin d’Loo
- 7:40 PM: Red/Orange Table Closes: Home Décor, Goods & Services, Food and Drink
- 7:50 PM: Yellow/Green Table Closes: Date Night & Entertainment, Family Fun, Sports and Fitness, Camps & Classes
- 8:00 PM: Blue/Purple Table Closes: Adventures and Getaways, Class Baskets, Gifts from the Heart, Hosted Parties; Performance by Cruzin d’Loo
- 8:05 PM: Live Auction Begins
- Class art; Gifts from the heart; Fund-a-need; Marine Patrol Experience with APD; Bacon for a year!; Winemaker dinner for 6 at Rio Crest Winery in Sonoma ; A Chef’s Dinner at Evvia for 4! Includes an overnight stay at the Sheraton Palo Alto; Oakland A’s Luxury Box for 18
- 9:30 PM: Dancing Begins!! Check-Out Opens.
- 10:30 PM: After-party at the Lemon Tree!
Q: What are the auction rules?
- All sales are final, sold as-is, and there will be no refunds or exchanges unless otherwise noted.
- Payment in full is required by Monday, March 19, 2018. Payment may be made by credit card or check.
- Auction winners must check out to pay and claim their items. Auction winners paying via credit card are strongly encouraged to check out and pay via mobile device. Auction winners paying via check/cash must check out and pay at the check out station.
- Auction winners must claim their purchases by presenting a “paid” receipt (can be a paid confirmation on their mobile device) at the claims table.
- If not claimed the night of the event, all items must be picked up at the Alameda Ballroom by 12noon on Sunday, March 18th.
- Reservations for all trips, meals, and overnight accommodations, use of homes, and private catering must be mutually arranged between the donor and the successful bidder unless otherwise specified. The auction winner on the use of a private dwelling may not sell or give this privilege to a third party without permission of the donor.
- All gift certificates and services must be used by the date specified. Other restrictions are indicated on the certificate.
- Auction winner should retain the auction receipt for their records. Values listed on the receipt are as estimated by the donor, where available. Please consult your tax advisor on specific IRS regulations.
- Any online item that was not sold online will be available during the Silent Auction.
Q: How/when can I pay for my items?
- You will pay for your items at the end of the night when you check out.
- We prefer that you bring your check books to avoid credit card fees, however, you may also pay via credit card.
- For those who are paying via credit card, we strongly encourage you to check out and pay for your items via your mobile device (since we are doing mobile bidding, and you will have been registered, all this can be done via your mobile device this is the easiest and fastest way to check out and pay for your items).
- For those paying with check or cash, you may do so at one of our check out tables.
- After paying for your items, you will receive a payment confirmation (either electronically to your mobile device or printed if you prefer).
Q: When can I take my items home?
- Once you have checked out (either via your mobile device on mobile bidding or at our check out table), you can claim your item at the claims table.
- You will need to show your payment confirmation (either on your mobile device or with your printed copy).
- We prefer that you take your items home when you leave the event.
- However, if you cannot take your items home, we will have a set, limited amount of time available on Sunday, March 18th when you can come to the ballroom and pick your items up. Stay tuned for the exact window of time.
Alameda Pediatric Dentistry
(510) 521-KIDS (5437)
Providence Veterinary Hospital