Come celebrate our Edison community and raise important funds for our school at what will be the most vibrant party of the year!
“Come Sail Away” is the Edison PTA annual auction and gala for 2020! It will take place on Saturday, March 21st starting at 6:00 PM at the Alameda Hotel.
This event is our biggest fundraising event of the year. It brings in over half of the PTA annual budget and is critical to the success of our students. Every dollar raised goes towards new technology in classrooms, field trips, school psychologists, garden and computer staff and programs, school assemblies and more.
$50 for a standard ticket.
If you face a hardship at the standard price, select a "pay-what-you-can" ticket and enter your sliding scale payment in the Donation Amount field. All are welcome at this Edison-wide celebration!
- Theme: "Come Sail Away"
- Food: Delicious hearty appetizers and desserts catered by Gather and Grub
- Drinks: Beer, wine and signature drinks with a nautical theme along with non-alcoholic beverages will be available
Your checkbooks to avoid credit card fees!!!
Your -- FULLY CHARGED -- phone or device to participate in silent auction bidding
- Stay tuned for auction bidding start and end times!
- There are already some amazing items that will be up for bid in our auction including: amazing art created by our kids; sailing trips, summer camps, spa treatments, a getaway to Tahoe, and much, much more!
What is the purpose of this event?
- To raise money for our school. The auction and gala is the biggest fundraising event that Edison has. It brings in over half of the PTA budget.
- It also builds community and allows for the Edison families to gather together and celebrate and have fun.
What is the theme?
- “Come Sail Away” – Let’s celebrate our students and community and raise funds for Edison Elementary nautical-style!
What is the dress code?
- Wear whatever you feel most comfortable wearing to a nautical themed party (or any party you would go to)
- Want to dress up in nautical colors? Want to come up in costume – a sailor? A pirate? Or get inspired by Little Mermaid, or an Officer and a Gentleman, or how about Gilligan’s Island. Want to wear fancy attire like you might wear on a fancy cruise? Any of those are great!\
- Want to just come casual? Perfect. Just come and have fun and support our school!
Can I buy tickets at the door?
- Yes, but for your convenience, we would prefer that you purchase your tickets in advance to make checking-in easier. You can buy tickets any time online.
NOTE: We will be selling tickets on the blacktop on various days. Please stay tuned to Konstella and Facebook to find out when!
Will there be food?
- Yes! We will be serving delicious nautical-inspired heavy appetizers and desserts. (Vegetarian and gluten-free options available).
What kind of drinks will be available?
- We will be serving signature nautical-themed cocktails – stay tuned for details!!! We will also have beer and wine stations and non-alcoholic beverages. (Bar proceeds go directly to the Edison PTA).
What is the difference between the online, silent and live auctions?
- Online: Items are displayed with photographs and description on our auction website - OneCause. Bidders register, enter credit card information and place bids within a set period of time. The Online auction will open on Friday, March 13th.
- Silent: Participants view items up for bid on display at the event and bid on them using mobile bidding. Participants will receive a text with a link to the bidding site in order to use their own mobile device to bid on items, track winning and losing bids, and receive notifications when outbid. This can be done with great ease from where you are sitting, anywhere in the venue or even at home. For participant without mobile devices, or with dead batteries, volunteers can help place bids for you at the event. Bring a fully charged device and extra battery to be sure you don’t miss out!
- Live: An auctioneer is at the helm and people call out or otherwise indicate their bids. The highest bidder wins.
When does online bidding begin?
- Online bidding will go live on Friday, March 13th. Please stay tuned for more details!!
Do I have to buy a ticket to the auction and gala if I want to bid but will be out of town the night of the event?
- No. All you need to do is to register for the online auction and you can start bidding for items when the online auction goes live. You do not have to purchase tickets to the gala to do this.
What if I do not have a mobile device or I do not plan on bringing one with me?
- We will have volunteers in roaming the event with a mobile device you can use to bid on items.
- We will also have a charging station for your electronic devices and a “help desk” station.
What can I expect when I arrive?
- When you arrive at the Alameda Hotel Ballroom, you will check in/ register (if you have not already done so) and receive your bidding number. We will also make sure you are set up and ready to go with mobile bidding. You will then receive a welcome drink.
- Check out our photo booth! And take home a memorabilia.
- You should also visit the auction items displayed and bid for them via mobile bidding.
- Please also enjoy the delicious food and enjoy the entertainment before the live auction begins!
- Stay for dancing!!
What is the schedule of events?
- Stay Tuned for Details!!!
What are the auction rules?
- All sales are final, sold as-is, and there will be no refunds or exchanges unless otherwise noted.
- Payment in full is required by Monday, March 23, 2020. Payment may be made by check (no fees, so this payment method is preferred) or credit card.
- Auction winners must check out to pay and claim their items. Auction winners paying via credit card are strongly encouraged to check out and pay via mobile device. Auction winners paying via check must check out and pay at the check out station.
- Auction winners must claim their purchases by presenting a “paid” receipt (can be a paid confirmation on their mobile device) at the claims table.
If not claimed the night of the event, all items must be picked up at the Alameda Hotel Ballroom by 12 noon on Sunday, March 22nd.
- Reservations for all trips, meals, and overnight accommodations, use of homes, and private catering must be mutually arranged between the donor and the successful bidder unless otherwise specified. The auction winner on the use of a private dwelling may not sell or give this privilege to a third party without permission of the donor.
- All gift certificates and services must be used by the date specified. Other restrictions are indicated on the certificate.
- Auction winner should retain the auction receipt for their records. Values listed on the receipt are as estimated by the donor, where available. Please consult your tax advisor on specific IRS regulations.
- Any online item that was not sold online will be available during the Silent Auction.
How/when can I pay for my items?
- You will pay for your items at the end of the night when you check out.
- We prefer that you bring your checkbooks to avoid credit card fees, however, you may also pay via credit card.
- For those who are paying via credit card, we strongly encourage you to check out and pay for your items via your mobile device (since we are doing mobile bidding, and you will have been registered, all this can be done via your mobile device this is the easiest and fastest way to check out and pay for your items).
- For those paying with check, you may do so at one of our check out tables.
- After paying for your items, you will receive a payment confirmation emailed directly to your address on file.
When can I take my items home?
- Once you have checked out (either via your mobile device on mobile bidding or at our check out table), you can claim your item at the claims table.
- You will need to show your payment confirmation (either on your mobile device or with your printed copy).
- We prefer that you take your items home when you leave the event.
However, if you cannot take your items home, we will have a set, limited amount of time available on Sunday, March 22nd when you can come to the Alameda Hotel Ballroom and pick your items up.